Saturday, December 10, 2011

London Classic

Just thought I'd mention that I visited Olympia for this on Monday and it was great, for £15 it's a bargain.  Get to sit in an auditorium and watch some of the worlds best players then once your done trying to figure out what's going on in their games you can breeze along to the commentary room and listen to a several GMs trying to figure out what's going on!  When I was there, Vladimir Kramnik was sitting out and I had the chance to ask him a question from the audience about chess computers, he answered fully and eloquently. In fact I've had the chance to listen to 'Big Vlad' both times I've been to the Classic and on both occasions have been impressed by what he has to say and by his sense of humour, he seems like a really nice guy.

As I am at work in London today I may pop along if I finish early enough, though I expect it will be busier on a weekend.  If not I am considering going up on Monday for the last day.  If you can't make it, they've been having  a few problems with their internet connection but when accessible the coverage is great, you can see it by clicking the link on the London Classic web-site which goes to the livestream link.

No comments:

Post a Comment