Tuesday, June 14, 2011

More bits, less Bobs

Further to my previous post, apparently Bob's main assistance with putting up the shelving for the library came from Arthur. Thanks Arthur!

On the subject of bits (with segues like that I should have been a DJ), on Saturday I installed Fritz 12 and Chessmaster onto the club PC, the software having been recently donated to us. To run these just turn the PC on and log in as the general club user, no password should be needed.  Fritz 12 has a different interface to previous versions so it can be a bit tricky even for experienced users, but it does have some nice features.  It is worth noting that this copy came with a year's premium memebership to Playchess.com so it should be possible to play online on the Playchess server or to view Chessbase's multimedia broadcasts.  If any members are interested in these features please give it a try, I can offer some assistance if I am around though I don't intend to conduct individual teaching sesssions!  If there is a demand I may consider a group seminar on using Fritz, though I am not completely up to speed on version 12 myself yet.  If there are any errors running the software please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment