Wednesday, March 5, 2014

New In Chess Magazine - iPad version

Hi All,

New In Chess Magazine (NIC) is probably the most nicely produced Chess magazine there is, though I've found I can't justify the expense of subscription as I never get round to playing through all the analysis, they usually have great interviews though!

NIC have recently released an iPad version, if you are lucky enough to own an iPad they are also giving away a free copy of one of  the recent issues to try out. It looks very good and they've done a great job of integrating a game player so that you can play through game analysis on the iPad as you go throughout the magazine, nice.

All in all I think it's a great way to 'consume' a chess magazine, it's a shame the electronic version isn't any cheaper. (This seems to be the way of the publishing world these days, I do think that digital versions should be cheaper then 'hard' copies).

Cheers, Kevin.

No comments:

Post a Comment